[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FEatures (Re: Naming (Re: Unified packages. )
Now it is time to start talking features. We want to gather the best
features, like Hubert said.
<Please list here>
<please list here>
* Full support for wildcards in both "src" as well as binary pkgs
* Some support for bulk building all packages, to ensure pkgs
work (see ftp://smaug.fh-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD/pkgstat/20000819.1320/broken.html
for an example)
* Support for Solaris (it *is* being used!)
Other features from NetBSD that might be interresting:
* A package database to findout which pkg a file belongs to
* Installed and binary pkgs contain the size of the pkg
in bytes. Also, the size including all required pkgs is available.
* Pkgs can be deleted recursively, e.g. to nuke jpeg and everything
that needs it (very handy)
* Detection of out-of-date pkg_* tools if bsd.pkg.mk uses a feature
that the installed pkg_* tools don't provide.
To unsubscribe: send mail to <email@example.com>
with "unsubscribe bsdports" in the body of the message