[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been a little busy lately with my
real work. I'm Satoshi Asami, and I manage the FreeBSD Ports
Collection. I took over in early 1995, having inherited bsd.ports.mk
and 200+ ports from Jordan. I think 95% of FreeBSD's bsd.ports.mk is
mine now. :)
* From: Chris Coleman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
By the way, you can put my e-mail on the web page. Please use
* Satoshi San, can you give us a list of features that FreeBSD has that
* should be incorporated into this project?
Well, to make a list of features, I need something to compare with.
Do you want me to just list stuff that are in FreeBSD and not in
* Would it be possible for each group to just maintain a CVS checkout of our
* CVS tree? The cvs checkout could update only the directories that
* completed a successful build. Then at release time they could cvs tag
* that checkout and use it to build packages. I want to avoid branching
* this project.
* Is that senario possible, or am I dreaming?
Wow. I think that is putting *way* too much into the structure.
I think we need one tree, where everyone puts things. To do so any
other way, it's asking for disaster, IMO.
To unsubscribe: send mail to <email@example.com>
with "unsubscribe bsdports" in the body of the message